This is the third week of ADVENT. The theme for this week is Joy. When was the last time you experienced true joy? I know this year has been hard for so many of us in many different ways. But even in the time of wilderness, trial, testing, suffering, sorrow, and loneliness, we can still find joy. How? Keep going with this post to find out.
What Brings You Joy?
I always love listening to this version of The 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser (originally from IU in Bloomington!). These guys just have so much fun with it. I hope it brings a smile to your face.
This week, Deb McCray from Avoca Baptist Church brings us a message about Joy. A little Behind-the-Scenes: Deb is bringing this message about Joy while recovering from a fall down her icy stairs that caused her to break one ankle and sprain the other. But she’s still able to talk about Joy in Christ because that’s just the kind of woman she is.
Think It Through
- Share your favorite dad joke.
- Talk about your most joyful memory.
- Share your most joyful memory from 2020.
- Discuss where you could use more joy in your life right now.
- Deb talks about how joy fills the Bible. What’s your response to that idea? Do you associate Christianity with joy? Why or Why not?
- Joy can be found in serving other people. Come up with some practical ways you can serve people this Christmas season.
Long press on an image to save it to your phone and then set it to your lock screen wallpaper.
Check out this Youth Network podcast discussion on JOY.
You can subscribe on Apple Podcasts by copying this link:
And then follow these instructions: